The Fashion Bug’s Outfit: Madewell shirt dress, Chanel sneakers, Chanel bag, Illesteva sunglasses.
The Fashion Bug’s Story: Remember the 90’s? It seems like a long time ago but some iconic fashion moments will stay with me forever. Such as Kate Moss oozing cool in her slinky silk dresses and Cher Horowitz being clueless in her skimpy checked skirts. It was also the period of “Cool Britannia”, grunge, and rock bands such as Oasis, Blur and The Verve. And guess what? This Autumn the 90’s is making a comeback in fashion and I can’t wait to relive it! I was very young in the 90’s but it was when I started to develop an interest in fashion so this will always be a very influential period for me. I instantly fell in love with this checked shirt dress (available in another colour too) from cult label Madewell when I saw it on Net-a-Porter a few weeks ago. A lot of the pieces are easy to wear and because they are quite simple they can be styled in a variety of ways. Think leather jackets, round sunglasses, silk dresses, chunky boots and tartan skirts.
The Fashion Bug’s Tips: Here are 10 of my favourite 90’s inspired pieces available in stores now. Click on the links to buy. xx FB
- ASOS Mom jeans – £35
- Dolce & Gabbana check wool skirt – £465
- IRO “Gant” leather jacket – £1090
- Raey deep-V silk slip dress – £110
- Madewell plaid cotton-blend shirt dress – £95
- Steve J & Yoni P cropped overalls – £285
- Galvan cutaway satin gown – £1035
- Saint Laurent “Patti” leather army boots – £810
- Le Specs “Wild Child” glasses – £49
- Iris & Ink “Violet” ribbed-knit wool tunic – £145