Happy Wednesday ladies! Its summer solstice today (can you believe its already going to start getting darker?!) and I thought it would be a good opportunity to talk about what to pack for a summer holiday. We have a few coming up and I am definitely one for overpacking (much to my husbands delight!) but since having Mila I have become much more organised as I simply don’t have a lot of time to spend on packing. So I have made a little list of essentials (I am not talking about sun creams and things like that as those are very obvious and I have also left out shorts and t-shirts as you can always throw a few of those in!) Hope you find it helpful and happy Midsummers to all of you xx (PS you can click on the little ‘plus’ signs for the direct links on my collage.)
1.A beach bag! Might sound obvious but really it is VITAL to your holiday. I big bag such as a straw bag or my personal favourite a trusty Goyard (which is waterproof) is so useful as you can throw EVERYTHING in there and when you have a child its doubly important. Nannacay have some really cute ones.
2. Sunglasses. The shortcut to always looking chic on a holiday is to invest in a good pair of sunglasses. Most of you know how obsessed I am with Illesteva. I’ve never met someone they didn’t suit.
3. Swimwear. I think I have mentioned before I am really not fussed if my bikinis are designer or not. I LOVE Lisa Marie Fernandez (I just saw her posting lots of insta stories about brands that copy her designs and this must be SO frustrating) but equally ASOS and Topshop do great ones (they are also stocking Hunza G which I love)
4. Sandals/Wedges. I LIVE in wedges when I am on holiday especially in the evening as I like to add a little height. People often think I am really tall from my photos but I am really not so keep my flat sandals solely for the day. All you really need is one or two pairs of sandals and one pair of wedges (we all know that shoes take up so much space in the suitcase and you never end up using all of them.) Castaner offer some which are reasonably priced and very comfortable. And you all know my love for the Hermes Oran.
5. A little black dress as well as a little white dress for evenings out. Self Portrait is always great as is The Outnet for discounted designer finds!
6. A few beach coverups/day dresses. Pampelone is one of my favourites.
7. Statement earrings. Do NOT take your most expensive jewellery on holiday as you would be so upset if you lost it (it happens!) Instead buy some fun statement earrings that you can mix and match with different outfits. Loving All Things Mochi right now (I was wearing some yesterday!)
8. A clutch to wear in the evenings. Accessorize is a great high street brand to look at.
9. A hat. With a phrase on it. Is a must these days. Eugenia Kim are expensive but you can invest in one that will last for years or Country Luxe do really cute ones too that are v reasonably priced (as per my photo at the top)
10. A bright coloured lipstick. Its amazing what a bright red or coral lip can do to an outfit. Love NARS and MAC.
11. And finally a long cardigan which you can use both on the plane and during evenings if it does get chilly.